Friday, April 22, 2011

Choose and Review: Picture Display

In this choosing method the kids get to pick objects that are set out on a table, placed in gift bags, spread out around the room....basically put out in whatever fashion you choose. Each object represents a song that you have chosen to sing that day. You can also assign a scripture (found at the bottom of each song) and/or GAK picture to go with each object to add even more meaning. All you do is have a child choose an object and then you either tell them the song they will sing or challenge them to guess the songs from the scripture you read or possibly clues you give them.

If I were using this idea on Sunday, I would center it around the Easter theme. Here is a sample of possibilities:

  1. Nails: Did Jesus Really Live Again? 3 Nephi 11:11, 14

  2. Rock: He Died That We Might Live Again John 15:13

  3. Bell: Hosanna D & C 19:37

  4. White Robe: Easter Hosanna 3 Nephi 11:8

  5. Heart: I'm Trying To Be Like Jesus John 13:15

  6. Star/Flower: When He Comes Again Matthew 16:27

  7. CTR Ring: The Church of Jesus Christ D & C 115:4-5

Depending on the song, I would also provide a motivational tool while the children sing to keep them focused. I would probably refrain from these tools on a few of the songs that call for more reverence and respect.


I would also be prepared to help the children remember the words on some of the songs they may not sing as often. In the case of "Hosanna" and "Easter Hosanna" I might just have the kids sing the chorus or the bell part while they listen to the other words. The most important part of these songs is the message and Spirit that they will surely feel whether they are singing or listening. It is also a great way to expose them to some of those songs that they don't get the opportunity to learn or listen to as often.

No comments:

Post a Comment