Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Choose and Review: Memory revisited

I just saw our ward Primary Chorister use this technique this last Sunday. She had the kids play the typical Memory game with GAK pictures. As is always the case, she had a song selected for each match the kids found.

I really liked what she did after each match. She challenged the class that found the match to describe what was happening in the picture. Each picture depicted a scene from the last week of Jesus' life. When all the matches were found she challenged the entire primary to put the events in order.

I thought this singing time was a great example of encouraging application and understanding, as we are asked to do by our leaders. I also thought it was a great example of a successful activity that does not require the "fluff" we sometimes feel we must add to our singing times. I think it is always important to remember that we are trying to help the children to feel the Spirit, and build their knowledge and testimonies of the Gospel. This activity did just that while allowing the children to review the songs they have been learning this year and those that support the Easter season.

No comments:

Post a Comment