Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Games: Crossword Puzzle






I was reminded of this fantastic game last Sunday when I saw the chorister in my ward using it. Create a crossword puzzle for the kids to fill in as they either repeat a song or choose and review a list of songs. You can create a crossword puzzle using www.puzzle-maker.com/CW/.


If you are reviewing a song, you can use definitions of key words as your clues. This works great for challenging songs like "Praise To the Man". Each time they successfully answer a clue you can write the word on the puzzle and then have the kids sing the phrase that word is found in. You can also have the kids sing through the entire song, or a portion of it omitting that particular word. Be sure to review the meaning with the kids as you review different challenging words.




If you are using this game as a choose and review, you can have each clue describe a particular gospel concept or principle and then sing a correlating song. This idea could work great for a 4th or 5th Sunday. If I were using it for the 5th Sunday in May I might choose words that remind us of the restored church. Such words might be: prophet, sacrament, priesthood, Book of Mormon. This is a great way to review the principles the kids learned during the month.



No comments:

Post a Comment