Wednesday, June 1, 2011

2011 Challenge: Mini-Lesson

Another way you can encourage, promote, and teach about the Spirit and singing is through a mini-lesson during your singing time. I have seen it done and done it myself in a few different wards. It has always been successful and I like it because it only takes a few minutes. Here is the basic outline:

  1. Read D & C 25:12

  2. Briefly discuss the meaning with the children. Emphasize the importance of singing and its ability to invite the Spirit, bear testimony, show love and reverence (respect), and praise God.

  3. Encourage the children to remember this as they sing each Sunday. Introduce the idea of Sunday singing or testimony singing.

  4. Bear testimony of music and the Spirit

Like I said, very simple and quick. Even the smallest children can understand this thought and it is something you can refer back to when the kids are having a hard time keeping still and singing.

No comments:

Post a Comment